A place to discuss hardware/software and diagnostic procedures

Scan tool BiDirectional control on older vehicles

More
1 year 11 months ago #55952 by rjkpilot
I don’t need super bidirectional functions on new Jags and Teslas , all I’m looking for is a tool under $800 that has service control functions for things like EVAP valves and sensors, fuel injector control, etc , for mid 2000 us cars ,very hard to find specific information on compatibility , looking at Autel, Launch , etc

Thanks,
R

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 11 months ago #56298 by Bigfoote13
I use the ThinkCar pro. It is a Launch clone of sorts with better graphing. I purchased to for just over $800
=Doug

More
1 year 11 months ago #56303 by 70monte
I use the Thinktool Pros which you can get occasionally on sale for a little over $800

More
1 year 11 months ago #56355 by rjkpilot
Thanks for the suggestions
R

More
1 year 5 months ago #58963 by Oltronj
Will the Think tool pros work for things like bleeding the abs and setting the cam crank correlation on the 96 to 2000 vintage gm trucks?

More
1 year 5 months ago #58965 by 70monte
I know the Thinktool Pros will adjust the cam/crank correlation on those years of GM trucks because I own two 98 Chevy trucks and have used it to check and adjust this setting. I'm not sure about bleeding the ABS system as I have never needed to do that but I'm sure it can do it. This scan tool has 34-35 maintenance functions depending on how old the scanner is.

More
1 year 4 months ago #58976 by Tyler

Will the Think tool pros work for things like bleeding the abs and setting the cam crank correlation on the 96 to 2000 vintage gm trucks?

I can't speak for the Thinktool Pros. But I know at least some of their software is licensed from Launch. :huh: My Launch Pro Mini has been surprisingly good with older GM vehicles. It's saved by bacon more than once with functional tests it could do that no other aftermarket tool could.

Time to create page: 0.207 seconds