A place to discuss hardware/software and diagnostic procedures

Ridgeline door locks

More
2 years 1 month ago #55582 by MrMike
Ridgeline door locks was created by MrMike
Hello-

My wife has a 2007 Honda Ridgeline and when you get in and drive, all the doors will automatically lock (I guess some kind of theft/safety feature). Anyway, when you stop driving, no passengers can unlock their doors. The only button that will, is the unlock button on the drivers side arm rest? Im not sure if this has something to do with the factory alarm or what I can do so that passengers can unlock their doors. I have not taken anything apart, checked fuses or anything like that. I thought maybe someone here may of ran into something like this before.

Thanks.
MrMike

"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 1 month ago #55584 by Matt T
Replied by Matt T on topic Ridgeline door locks
Try the owners manual first for something like this. Automatic locking is often configurable.

More
2 years 1 month ago #55585 by MrMike
Replied by MrMike on topic Ridgeline door locks
OK- Ill try that first-

"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his"

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
2 years 1 month ago #55598 by Noah
Replied by Noah on topic Ridgeline door locks
I drive an 06 Ridgeline, with virtually zero options, and the doors unlock when put in Park.
LMK if there's anything you would like me check on mine

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

More
2 years 1 month ago - 2 years 1 month ago #55601 by MrMike
Replied by MrMike on topic Ridgeline door locks
Thanks Noah-
We bought the truck used but in great condition and I got in a rush and did not even check the owners manual first before posting this question here. I looked a little last night online about some people with 06' models which state owners have had issues with trying to re-configure the locks and Im not sure if this would carry over to the 07'? Basically, the locks work fine, but even in Park, the passengers cant unlock their own door. Ill dig out the manual today and look over it. I appreciate the response and any suggestions you may have. Thanks- you have a good day Sir

Last edit: 2 years 1 month ago by MrMike.

Time to create page: 0.241 seconds