A place to discuss hardware/software and diagnostic procedures

Upgrade from autel 906ts

More
2 years 2 months ago #54742 by Greg hall
Hello, I currently use an Autel 906ts but am looking to upgrade and wanted to see if anyone had some input. My Cornwell guy is offering me $1000 towards an Autel ultra or my other option is a Snap-on triton d10 with no trade in and sell the 906 personally. Thank you in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 2 months ago #54754 by Chad
Replied by Chad on topic Upgrade from autel 906ts
I am a Snap-on guy. I have had all generations of the Verus. But, I have not used a Triton. I have an Autel Ultra, too. I prefer snap-on for most data pid functions...graphing, recording, reviewing, etc. The Autel gives you more options of what you can DO with your pids...re-arranging, changing graphical display style, merging multiple pids into a single graph, etc. The scope module is separate from the display, and the interface is wireless. That's pretty nice. It, also, makes it more cumbersome. Reading data bus waveforms, right from the DLC, gives a quick look into network health, right from your scan-tool. That's pretty nice, too. Another bonus that the Ultra has, over the Triton, is that the Ultra's VCMI module is, also, a J2534 device. So, you can use it in conjunction with a laptop and manufacturer software to Flash/Program modules. As for initializations, resets, functional tests, and bi-directional control, they perform, equally, well. Most of the tests, and routines are identical. The Autel Ultra is a sweet package. But Snap-on is a Data Stream capturing and recording beast.

"Knowledge is a weapon. Arm yourself, well, before going to do battle."
"Understanding a question is half an answer."

I have learned more by being wrong, than I have by being right. :-)

More
2 years 2 months ago #54756 by Greg hall
Replied by Greg hall on topic Upgrade from autel 906ts
Wow thank you for so much info. The other concern I have is my Snap-on guy said that they are suing autel for some stealing of info so that has me concerned about buying autel if they get some of their information removed off the tool. But based off what you said I think I’m leaning more towards autel. I’m just worried about coverage and support depending on the outcome of the lawsuit.

More
2 years 2 months ago #54789 by Ben
Replied by Ben on topic Re:Upgrade from autel 906ts
I wasn't aware snapon had a vci j2534 combo! I was searching for a snapon combo last month and didn't find an answer, I bought the otc evolve for the j2534 last year and I hate that scan tool for data. Is snapon the only 1 that records all pids loaded to scroll through and graph after the capture or does autel or anyone else do that too? And which snapon tools have vci capable of j2534? I was eyeing the zeus but didn't find anything advertising it's vci as j2534...

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Time to create page: 0.227 seconds