A place to discuss hardware/software and diagnostic procedures

Electric widows will not go down

More
2 years 2 months ago #54483 by Wolfie2387
Hi , firstly I love the videos of Paul uploading it’s been amazing for myself to learn more and understand the fundamentals.
I have a question I own a holden commodore 2003 vy sedan v6 3.8ltr ecotec .and lately my powered front windows will not go down after pushing my button which also has an automatic function like as pushed they would go down automatically but, I have to hold the button down for up to 30 second before windows move. Only notice just recently that my relays that are under the dash are somewhat burnt.?? The Umm and extremely hot , that hot infact that I have to wait for the car to cool down before I can actually touch these relays , now I’ve checked GM the insist I use identical relays but really checking maybe I have an open somewhere? As also I know my shifter lighting doesn’t always work when turn on the lights I sometimes have to hit the centre console. Would it matter if I was to change relays with not the same number etc(IN0320) I understand that other relays have slightly different power control number pins . Would or could that change anything to my ecu in a bad way? Thanks heaps in advance for any help
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 2 months ago #54486 by juergen.scholl
Wolfie,

You ABSOLUTELY would have to make sure that the design/pin out of a substitute relay is IDENTICALLY. If not you could cause catastrophic damage, including destroying control units and/or causing fire.

Because of your question I "assume" you're not familiar with reading a wiring diagram and how to do the relevant tests in order to identify the dedicated pins on a given relay. In this case my advice is to ask a knowledgeable person for help.

Depending on the manufacturer a suitable substitute relay may not show the same number, nevertheless it should have the same amperage and voltage rating. HTH.

An expert is someone who knows each time more on each time less, until he finally knows absolutely everything about absolutely nothing.

More
2 years 1 month ago #55303 by MrMike
Wolfe-

I suggest you watch the Scanner Danner video involving door locks on you tube. I believe Paul did the door lock tests on a Subaru. It's a good video and should apply to what your doing.

"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his"

Time to create page: 0.230 seconds