A place to discuss hardware/software and diagnostic procedures

senx technolgy first look

More
7 years 2 months ago #7361 by Ephratah
Does any one use the first look pulse sensor for a labscope and what are your thoughts on it? I was thinking about adding one to my diagnostic tools just looking for input from any one who owns one.

Hitting it with a Hammer is worth $5 knowing where to hit is worth $40

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago #7370 by Andy.MacFadyen
I have the Autoditex pressure pulse sensor which is considerably cheaper at least in Europe I had also built my own which really wasn't difficult and cost less than £5. My main use for it is connecting to vacuum side of the fuel rail pressure pulse damper for checking injectors on engines without schrader valves.
The bigest problem with this type of sensor is interpreting the results, the difference between good and bad output wave forms is far from clear cut.

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

More
7 years 2 months ago #7401 by Tyler
Replied by Tyler on topic senx technolgy first look
I did the same as Andy and ended up making my own, as the authentic FLS is about $400. :ohmy:

I've experimented with it, but never got comfortable enough to make calls on mechanical issues. Interpreting the results IS challenging, about 75% experience and 25% witchcraft. :lol: Another problem with waveform interpretation is needing overlay software to make sense of things. This means a PC or laptop.

I can't say it's worth the money, personally, but to each their own!

Time to create page: 0.221 seconds