A place to discuss hardware/software and diagnostic procedures

1993 Cheveroley 1500 Ignition wave form

More
2 years 6 months ago #51863 by Mitchroberson
So totally new to DSO's seen them a lot and read a ton of articles and have been following up on some of scannerdanners training. But I have a 1993 Chevy 1500 silverado with the 5.7 Liter. And I am using a Micsig scope. with an inductor clamp on the spark plug wire. Going to move it to the primary coil wire to see if I can get a better overall view later today. The truck has a light miss when warm. 
I think I can see it on the wave form on plugs 8 and I believe 5 both wave forms do not look right compared to other cylinders. But would like to see a good wave form from a spark plug wire if anyone has one. Or any suggestions to getting access to good wave forms. I am not an ASE mechanic so last I checked I could not get on ATN. 
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 6 months ago - 2 years 6 months ago #51864 by Mitchroberson
attaching screen shots from scope. I can get more granular if you want. This is from number 8 plug wire. 
Attachments:
Last edit: 2 years 6 months ago by Mitchroberson.

More
2 years 6 months ago - 2 years 6 months ago #51878 by juergen.scholl
This is an example of a secondary wave form taken from a plug wire.

www.picoauto.com/images/uploads/agt/_lrg...mple-waveform-01.png

I can't make too much sense of your captures, you'll probably have to adjust time base and sample rate settings. Your wave form seems to be upsidedown. Make sure to use an attenuator when accessing the coil's primary side.A couple of links to wave form libraries:

usbautoscope.eu/en/waveforms/

rotkee.com/en/waveform-library

An expert is someone who knows each time more on each time less, until he finally knows absolutely everything about absolutely nothing.
Last edit: 2 years 6 months ago by juergen.scholl.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mitchroberson

Time to create page: 0.195 seconds