A place to discuss hardware/software and diagnostic procedures

Brand low amp probe

More
2 years 6 months ago #51705 by autojoe
Brand low amp probe was created by autojoe
I bought a verus edge. The snap on low amp probe lists for 364. Otc I think 175. Do you think the otc one is just as good. I used it before with my Pico. Seemed like resolution was good. Thanks for any advice. 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 6 months ago #51711 by juergen.scholl
Replied by juergen.scholl on topic Brand low amp probe
I think it will work just fine, just try it.....I use generic amp-clamps with my verus and there is absolutely no problem.

An expert is someone who knows each time more on each time less, until he finally knows absolutely everything about absolutely nothing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: autojoe

More
2 years 4 months ago - 2 years 4 months ago #52364 by GypsyR
Replied by GypsyR on topic Brand low amp probe
There's a Hantek out there for around $60 you could try. I bought one from AES Wave for right at $100 and my Verus Edge likes it just fine.
Last edit: 2 years 4 months ago by GypsyR.

More
2 years 4 months ago #52368 by autojoe
Replied by autojoe on topic Brand low amp probe
Thanks already bought one. I bought aeswave low amp probe with banana Jacks for 99 dollars. How do you like your verus edge? Long long do you think snap on Wil furnish updates? I wonder if still updates for the regular verus. Thanks again. 

More
2 years 4 months ago #52371 by GypsyR
Replied by GypsyR on topic Brand low amp probe
I don't know on the older Verus's but the Edge is the exact same thing as a Zeus except for a slightly different case and the extra app for "Intelligent diagnostics". So I figure as long as they support the Zeus then they about have to support the Edge.
I like it just fine as I have no use for the "Intelligent" diagnostics. Our shop has a Zeus that had that for three years until it expired. No one working there cares that it's not being renewed. It wasn't useful. So now the shop Zeus is basically a Verus Edge that they overpaid for.

More
2 years 4 months ago #52372 by autojoe
Replied by autojoe on topic Brand low amp probe
I didn't know that. Thanks for the info. So many people are buying autel these days because of cost. 

More
2 years 4 months ago #52379 by Tyler
Replied by Tyler on topic Brand low amp probe
I have the AESWave probe as well, no issues. Great performance for the price. The OTC looks very similar.

The only real advantage to the Snap-On is the design of the opening in the jaws. Makes for hooking wires in tight harnesses a bit easier:

I dunno if it makes it $200+ easier. :silly: But it's a nice feature.

Time to create page: 0.226 seconds