A place to discuss hardware/software and diagnostic procedures

Zeus relearns, component tester rant, misc scan tool, scope discussion

More
2 years 7 months ago #51635 by Dtnel
Was sitting here reading a few threads tonight and I remembered something that I had wondered awhile back after using my Zeus after letting the subscription expire. 

Has anyone that has used a Verus, Zeus or scan tool with relearn capabilities noticed that once you let the subscription lapse that they take the ability to do component relearns away? 

I thought it was odd that the relearns were in the scan tool menu vs in the component test section. Thinking about it the relearns could be under the component or scan tool side. I wish they'd put them all in one place but then they'd have either offer the relearns under the component testing (my choice) or under the menu which if they did would make it a necessity to keep the component tester updated then. 

Either way they've managed to make you either pay ongoing for the relearns or do without. Good thing there are other brands as we can have a second scan tool and pay less than half the cost for annual updates each year, cough cough (Autel IM-608). Wish I'd not been a impulse buyer back when I got the Zeus as I'd still have the Modis Edge if I had to do it again. Not to mention I have other scopes, cheap and spendy as well. 

If I could do it all over again I'd do the ATS 8ch E-Scope Elite, E-Scan Elite w/IEA kit & the IM-608pro kit. 

could've saved at least $16k plus I spent on other equipment. So since I have them I'll just continue using them till I can find a way to unload them and feel I got my moneys worth which will be awhile. 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 7 months ago - 2 years 7 months ago #51636 by juergen.scholl
I got a Verus where the subscription expired ages ago.... Nevertheless, the relearns, configurations etc work flawlessly, throttle relearn, app, crank etc...No problem there.

I checked on a VERY old modis (the original one) with a 2012 software and even there the listed relearns seem to work, I tried a tire/gear ratio configuration on a Dakota.

What YMM and which test(s) exactly did not work for you?

An expert is someone who knows each time more on each time less, until he finally knows absolutely everything about absolutely nothing.
Last edit: 2 years 7 months ago by juergen.scholl.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.222 seconds