A place to discuss hardware/software and diagnostic procedures

Tip for using scope on Snapon Verus/Verdict

More
7 years 2 months ago #7105 by ecwurban
Capturing a waveform isn't so bad on these guys. But then trying to scroll through the capture and placing cursors is a huge pain. I tried using a cheap little wireless mouse with the USB dongle and it actually worked! It's always amazing when you can get something to work on WindowsXP! But ya, it's super handy and I would recommend it to anyone that does much capturing with any of the newer Snapon products.

I also like to record a lot of stuff on my Verus. I use the vehicle history a lot. I'll enter information into the vehicle file card for vehicles I service regularly. It's actually pretty handy. If you fill it out then you can just go in there and search by name to pull up their vehicle. Then it'll keep a record of all the codes it found before. As well as any lists of data you saved.

But ya, for any kind of navigation or maintenance tasks I find it WAY easier with a mouse.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #7166 by Noah

ecwurban wrote: Capturing a waveform isn't so bad on these guys. But then trying to scroll through the capture and placing cursors is a huge pain. I tried using a cheap little wireless mouse with the USB dongle and it actually worked! It's always amazing when you can get something to work on WindowsXP! But ya, it's super handy and I would recommend it to anyone that does much capturing with any of the newer Snapon products.

I also like to record a lot of stuff on my Verus. I use the vehicle history a lot. I'll enter information into the vehicle file card for vehicles I service regularly. It's actually pretty handy. If you fill it out then you can just go in there and search by name to pull up their vehicle. Then it'll keep a record of all the codes it found before. As well as any lists of data you saved.

But ya, for any kind of navigation or maintenance tasks I find it WAY easier with a mouse.

Good tip with mouse, I may just put one in my Verus kit B)

I also am a fan of the vehicle history function. I wasn't using it at first, but now that I am, it's much more convenient.

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by Noah.

More
7 years 2 months ago #7303 by Nandor69
Im not sure about the Verus Edge, but with the Verus Pro D10 it says in the specs that it has a 250GB hard drive. In reality, the D10 has a 500 GB hard drive. If you use a program that allows you to see hidden partitions you will find a 233GB partition that is just unallocated space. If you format this partition then you can use it for say, repair software. Instead of having external hard drives to carry around.

More
7 years 2 months ago #7326 by ecwurban
Snapon is really bad at software programming. If the earlier models had 250gig drives they probably just used the same software for setting up the drives. So instead of updating their software for setting up the drives they probably just used the same image that formatted and partitioned a 250gig volume.

I don't use much space on my Verus so I only put a 128gig drive in it. All I cared about was the speed of a solid state drive. It has made a HUGE difference.

More
7 years 2 months ago #7328 by Nandor69
I'll do something like a hybrid drive after my last year of warranty is up

More
7 years 2 months ago #7333 by ecwurban
Oh ya haha. Mine was off warranty. It's kinda scary pulling them apart. The screws holding them together go into little plastic columns that are VERY fragile and break very easily. There's a really good writeup on the main Snapon forum though. Just google search: Inside The Verus Snapon Forum. Lots of pictures.

More
7 years 2 months ago #7335 by Nandor69
Iv taken apart the original Verus. Haven't really look into taking the D10 apart.
I know on the original if the LCD cable popped out it was a pain to get back in

Time to create page: 0.230 seconds