A place to discuss hardware/software and diagnostic procedures

Wyzeprobe alternative

More
2 years 7 months ago #51328 by Alexandros Vasilis
How's going people, did anyone had a chance to use the Pico secondary ignition probpe/ COP as an alternative to the wyzeprobe? Looking to get one but wyzeprobe I need to import and it costs extra but I can get my hands on a Pico one (despite being bnc connection I have an adaptor). It should be a solid choice in terms of quality right? Any help or tips much appreciated and hope y' all doing good out in the field! Thanks again!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 7 months ago #51349 by Tyler
Replied by Tyler on topic Wyzeprobe alternative
When you say the Pico COP probe, this is what you're talking about, right?

www.picoauto.com/products/ignition-acces...lug-cop-signal-probe

In terms of build quality and durability. it's top notch. The flex head is fantastic for V-engines with limited access (think Econoline vans). On the other hand, it doesn't work perfectly with all COPs. :( Some coils will show a beautiful waveform. Others won't show anything.

Check out this thread for more info on secondary probes:

www.scannerdanner.com/forum/lab-scope-di....html?start=17#23480
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandros Vasilis

More
2 years 7 months ago #51353 by Alexandros Vasilis
Hi there,
  Much appreciated for the info and the help, I will do some further research on what cop probe to get. Like I said wyzeprobe looks good for the quality and price. Pico is good like you said but having the bnc connector kinda puts me off as the banana connectors are more straight forward to connect. I am new to this so I am trying to gather as much info as possible and again you really helped me and I thank you for that! All the best with your journey my man!

Kind Regards,
Alex

More
2 years 7 months ago #51358 by Tyler
Replied by Tyler on topic Wyzeprobe alternative
No worries. :cheer: Keep digging around here if you want - we've had tons of threads discussing the in's and out's of ignition probes. Don't forget the Search function.

AESWave does make a nice banana jack adapter for the Pico and other COP probes, if you decide to go that route. I use the same one with my TA204.

www.aeswave.com/Banana-Coupler-Lead-for-COP-Probes-p9339.html
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandros Vasilis

Time to create page: 0.209 seconds