A place to discuss hardware/software and diagnostic procedures

Need scan tool recommendation

More
2 years 8 months ago #50208 by Nathan1
Hello all, 

I am trying to diagnose a P219A code on a 2018 GMC acadia.  I would like to perform the "injector balance test" as described in the service information and my cheap OBDII scanners are not up to the task.  Could someone recommend a decent scanner that could perform this operation for this vehicle?   I see so many different types on amazon and not sure which may be more suited to working on a GM product.  I have about $500 budget for this tool.  Thanks all in advance.  

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 7 months ago #50303 by Tyler
Replied by Tyler on topic Need scan tool recommendation
That's gonna be a tough one. :unsure: I have a Launch Pro Mini ($700), but I can't say I've ever tried to run the injector balance test with it. Almost every Snap-On that's recently updated will do it. Most full-size Autel's will, as well. But, they're both out of budget.

The only one I can think of would be the Autel MX808. No promises. :silly:

www.amazon.com/Autel-MaxiCheck-Diagnosti...gnosis/dp/B08TWMTD35

That said, I know the test you're talking about, and it flat out sucks. :lol: Inclusive at best, misleading at worst. I've seen many GM injector problems (including your P219A), and the balance test never pinned down any of them. I've got several before and after captures in another thread if you're interested:

www.scannerdanner.com/forum/diagnostic-t...stic-techniques.html

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.188 seconds