A place to discuss hardware/software and diagnostic procedures

Autel 806 pro - what do these tests mean and where can I go to figure them out?

More
2 years 8 months ago #49962 by CFauvel
So I have an Autel 806Pro and frankly I'm disappointed how long it takes to talk to any of my cars....but that is a different problem.

My current pressing issue, is that when I get to monitor test screen it doesn't tell me an english words, rather it gives me some hexidecimal code.

For example of the many tests is list some tests with the words EVAP System, then some words like  "Test $22 Data","Test $23 Data"

One of the "EVAP System" options I saw, after clicking it comes back with a screen that states this test is $2D, and ID of $0A and Module $10....a test value of 0006, Min limit ----, Max limit 00EB (which I can only assume means a value of 256), Status = OK....so yeah that's great that it passed.....BUT WHAT was tested and what are the values? Ohms,  volts, psi, inhg?

Where does one find the meanings?

Is there a better tool I should use ? Getting frustrated.

My cars are
2005 350z
2010 Lexus is250
2005 infiniti G35
1997 f150
2002 honda accord

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 8 months ago #49965 by juergen.scholl
The hex information you see is OBD 2 mode 6 raw data. You'd need a factory service manual that decodes the TID (test ID), MID (monitor ID) and so on to get a clear understanding of the exact meaning of a specific test and its scaling. Each manifacturer is free to use its own designations, algorythms etc.

There are some scantools out there that will translate the hexcode into meaningful English, the e-scan from automotive test solutions comes to mind which covers most of the domestic vehicles.

Actually Autel in my opinion does a pretty decent job in deciphering mode 6 raw data, but this goes for the professional grade series. The costs for accessing/researching these informations makes it almost impossible to obtain these services within the DIY/entry level tools, I think.

$10 is a frequently used designation for the ecm/pcm.

An expert is someone who knows each time more on each time less, until he finally knows absolutely everything about absolutely nothing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy.MacFadyen, CFauvel

More
2 years 8 months ago #49967 by CFauvel

The hex information you see is OBD 2 mode 6 raw data. You'd need a factory service manual that decodes the TID (test ID), MID (monitor ID) and so on to get a clear understanding of the exact meaning of a specific test and its scaling. Each manifacturer is free to use its own designations, algorythms etc.

There are some scantools out there that will translate the hexcode into meaningful English, the e-scan from automotive test solutions comes to mind which covers most of the domestic vehicles.

Actually Autel in my opinion does a pretty decent job in deciphering mode 6 raw data, but this goes for the professional grade series. The costs for accessing/researching these informations makes it almost impossible to obtain these services within the DIY/entry level tools, I think.

$10 is a frequently used designation for the ecm/pcm.
Thank you Jeurgen, 
You are the first person that has responded in a kind manner as to what I was NOT getting (multiple platforms)
To be fair in the other forums I didn't specify that I am a DIYer with no formal training in this area...even though THIS interests me WAY more than my current job since 1992.

One more thing.
The TID in the screen shot is $2D
The MID or CID in the screen shot is $10
Right?

What is the ID $0A  ?

Ok so ONE more question ....on this tool too, but not related to this question.
On my 2005 350z I had a hard time finding where the TPMS values were...I eventually found it under BCM...but it only gave me tire pressure...nothing about battery , temp, etc
On my 2010 lexus IS250c I was able to easily find a TPMS section whose LIVE data displayed all that infor (Battery, pressure, temp, etc)

I would think that on the 350z there would HAVE to be TPMS module somewhere.

I do have the 350z service manuals...so going to poking around in there.

Thanks again for being kind in your response and not "flaming" me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah, Andy.MacFadyen, juergen.scholl

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
2 years 8 months ago #49996 by Noah
There will be no flaming or disrespect here. We are all here to ask questions and learn from each other.

Sometimes the keyless entry module has the TPMS data.
Not every manufacturer is so generous considering the PID information available to us. Just because your Lexus will give you temperature and battery data doesn't mean that the Nissan will make the same data available to you.

I will also add that I have been pleasantly surprised with Snap On decoding some of the mode $06 data

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy.MacFadyen, juergen.scholl

Time to create page: 0.202 seconds