A place to discuss hardware/software and diagnostic procedures

how to identify pending on Solus Edge 15.2?

More
7 years 2 months ago #6746 by Gary B
I see a P0300 in my Solus for the 2007 Equinox, I believe I saw it in the "this ignition cycle" section, but i don't have a MIL on, so it must be pending, am I right? Is there anything that specifically says which codes are pending in the Solus? I've use a little Actron for the last 10 years so that's the only scan tool I know, it has a p/d by the pending codes and I realized this morning that I don't even know how to tell on the Solus.

Thanks in advance,
Gary

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 1 month ago #6818 by Tyler
Hey Gary! The GM designations for current and pending are a little weird on Snap-On products. I dunno what you saw on your solus, but this is an example of a code scan from an '07 Pontiac G6:

In the frigging paragraph following the code definition, it indicates that both the MAF and IAT codes are current and history. The 'Test Not Passed Since Power Up' part is especially cool - this code happened since the last time the key was turned on.

Of course, if you're still unsure, you can always hop over to Global OBD on the Solus.
Attachments:

More
7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #6874 by Gary B
Tyler,

That is pretty much the same type of stuff I was seeing, I did take a look tonight in the OBD Health Check, before tonight I has always looked in ODB Direct side, in the Health Check it explicitly says "Pending" in one of the sections.

While I was looking around on the Internet today I found this article

I thought it was interesting that it seems to say that any code will always show as a history code, which kinda makes sense as I thought about it. I always thought that history code meant that it had been in there, I don't know, a long time, lol... I guess, like, prior to the current one(s) maybe. I take it that what they mean "it is now part of the code history".

At this point I am pretty sure I have not yet seen a pending code on the Scanner side (vs the OBD side). I haven't had the Solus very long and my cars have been doing pretty well except for the Equinox and every time I get a call from my daughter about it the MIL is already on.

Thanks for the help Tyler,
Gary
Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by Gary B. Reason: clarity

More
7 years 1 month ago #6876 by Tyler

Gary B wrote: I did take a look tonight in the OBD Health Check, before tonight I has always looked in ODB Direct side, in the Health Check it explicitly says Pending.

Good idea! :ohmy: With all my time on the Modis, I forget all about the Health Check. I wonder if I spend too much time on OE data. :lol:

More
7 years 1 month ago #6879 by Gary B
I'm trying to remember to look in there more and I am trying to get a much better handle on the different modes in the OBD Direct side too.

Sorry, I was editing the last post while you were answering...

Gary

More
7 years 1 month ago #6884 by Tyler

Gary B wrote: Sorry, I was editing the last post while you were answering...

No worries! I like that article you found, too. :cheer: Reading it reminded me about how Toyota/Lexus products list their codes on the OE side. They've got three different menus for each type of code, like so:

Nice that they section it off, but time consuming to check each and every one to get all the codes. :angry: :lol:
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.226 seconds