A place to discuss hardware/software and diagnostic procedures

Question , best laptop to support Pico 4425 A

More
2 years 10 months ago #49286 by YOTA MDT
Hey guys, Getting ready to purchase the 4425A and a new laptop. Budget is around  1000.00 for the laptop give or take a few hundo . Being a Toyota tech we have the Panisonic toughbook at work but I'm not seeing too many people useing them on the YouTube Diag. channels My 6 year old Dell has been a decent unit as long as you don't unplug it! Terrible battery. Need something kind of tough or at least not delicate, with good battery life, well suited for the Pico as well as other shop operations. Was kind of looking at the surface pro 7 not sure if a normal laptop would be better? 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 10 months ago #49289 by Andy.MacFadyen
Any Acer or Asus will do nicely as long as you have Windows, a decent sized memory and a reasonable size solid state hard disk.
I use an HP just now and the touch pad isn't nice to use.

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

The following user(s) said Thank You: YOTA MDT

More
2 years 10 months ago #49293 by Ben
I use the toughbook, there hard to beat in durability out in the shop, it has touchscreen but is not great to use with scope, I had a hp elitepad tablet (similar to surface) and I hated it

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

More
2 years 10 months ago #49328 by Wightscope
The new Pico 7 software is a lot easier to use with a touchscreen. I have an old ish HP Elitebook with a touchscreen and so far it is OK. Nice balance between rugged and useable.

Time to create page: 0.198 seconds