A place to discuss hardware/software and diagnostic procedures

Question about the u activate tool

More
2 years 10 months ago #49137 by Penguin
Hi Paul, my name is Todd and I am an ASE certified master tech Smog tech in San Diego California. I am a current subscriber and a long time follower of your videos. Just for the record you’re the greatest and I really learn a lot from you every single day. My question for you is this when you’re using the you activate tour and you see on the control side of a relay circuit that the LED on the tool is lighting up, do you think that that circuit is Accurate as far as any kind of potential voltage drops considering that is an LED. I understand that it is probably a low current circuit being it’s the control side but that was my question. Can you rely on that LED other than the obvious that it’s turning on the load side. Just a thought and wanted to hear what you had to say. Thank you and again I really appreciate all your videos and all the education that I received from watching your videos and subscribing to your channel thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 10 months ago #49140 by Tyler
Hey Todd!

Hopefully Paul will chime in here. For whatever it's worth, I dunno that I'd rely completely on the LED in the uActivate for voltage drop testing control circuits. I'd imagine the LED draws about 30mA. That makes it better than open circuit voltage testing, but not quite what the control side of a relay will draw (closer to 150mA). If needed, I figure you could get an incandescent test light into the pin tip sockets to get some additional load on the control circuit.

Maybe someone with a uActivate kit would be willing to take some measurements for us? :silly: It seems like the time to buy one has come and gone - they've been on backorder for quite awhile now. :(

More
2 years 10 months ago #49221 by Dtnel
I should dig mine out. Main question is, where is it?? Lol.... To many tools and not alot of organization in my 2 garage stalls at home and no we don't park in the garage, can't! to much stuff. If you want a quick answer get ahold of Carlos or Jorge @AESWave and I bet they could get you a quicker answer than I could as they "know a person/man/woman"... Lol......

More
2 years 9 months ago #49966 by 70monte
I talked the AES Wave about a month or two ago and they said they hope to have them back in stock this summer but I'm not holding my breath.

Time to create page: 0.190 seconds