A place to discuss hardware/software and diagnostic procedures

tps sensor testing on drive by wire

More
3 years 2 months ago #46746 by spit64
I tested a TPS sensor drive by wire with key on engine off.... the waveform did not move a lot one signal was 3.8 volt and the other 1.1 volt..... ignitions on were 4 volt and 0.9 volts. Is this the right way to test drive by wire or should the engine running

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 2 months ago #46764 by JJJ DA
which vehicle are you testing? just to get the tps wiring diagram to understand how it works. with key on engine off you should read in engine ecu live data % tps or tps voltage. any dtc? thanks

More
3 years 2 months ago #46772 by spit64
It is a TPS drive by wire on any car I was interested in if it is different ways to test them the car I test is the 5-volt ref and two potentiometers each have their own ground KOEO it is barely any response on older cars I only tested them with KOEO I have a thread on an Opel in the repair forum with Pico files

More
3 years 2 months ago #46775 by spit64
The throttle plate will not move a lot KOEO it took a waveform running big difference.
If you are interesting take a look at Opel fuel trims in the repair forum

More
3 years 2 months ago - 3 years 2 months ago #46852 by Andy.MacFadyen
I usually just use live data on drive by wire pedals and look for the two channels smoothly mirroring each other with a range roughly
1v to 4v to 1v
4v to 1v to 4v

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

Last edit: 3 years 2 months ago by Andy.MacFadyen.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah

More
3 years 2 months ago #46861 by spit64

Andy.MacFadyen wrote: I usually just use live data on drive by wire pedals and look for the two channels smoothly mirroring each other with a range roughly
1v to 4v to 1v
4v to 1v to 4v

Is this with KOEO I think it is strange that the throttle blade does not move with the ignition on engine off

More
3 years 2 months ago #46900 by Andy.MacFadyen
The thing is the pedal postion requests how the much power it how much the driver wants from the engine to the ECU but decides when to activate the throttle and what position it wants the throttle butterfly to be in.

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

Time to create page: 0.233 seconds