A place to discuss hardware/software and diagnostic procedures

Re:ASE A7 HVAC

More
3 years 2 months ago #46738 by AJeep18
ASE A7 HVAC was created by AJeep18
Does anyone have a good resource for studying for the ASE A7 test? For some reason it is just impossible for me to get the theory into my head, I think I understand how the system works, but the questions about the pressures always confuse me. Anyone have a simple explanation or a link to a good video or anything? I have watched the AVI A7 course and read through the Delmar A7 study guide.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 2 months ago #46762 by Tutti57
Replied by Tutti57 on topic Re:ASE A7 HVAC
I used the delmar guide and thought it was pretty good. The test is a combination of electrical and hvac questions. I have a hard time with the pressures too and in real life rely on more of a touch and feel test, knowing what to expect there. I think I'd spend some time studying the refrigerant loop, where things should be hot, warm, cold and the transformation of states, gas and liquid.

I believe Matt from schrodinger's box on youtube has some good videos on the concepts that might help.

Nissan Tech
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah

More
3 years 2 months ago - 3 years 2 months ago #46768 by Tyler
Replied by Tyler on topic Re:ASE A7 HVAC
I've had instructors talk to me about the refrigerant cycle and latent heat over and over for years. I still don't feel like I truly 'get it'. :silly:

Whatever I thought I knew got blown away after watching the CTI Virtual Classroom video on HVAC enthalpy:

Honestly, if you've watched the AVI video and read the Delmar book, I bet you're ready to test. I've noticed many times that the Delmar practice questions are usually much harder than the actual test questions. It can make you question your preparedness.

Plus, like Tutti57 said, there's a decent number of electrical questions. If you understand SD material, you've got those covered.
Last edit: 3 years 2 months ago by Tyler.

More
3 years 2 months ago #46770 by AJeep18
Replied by AJeep18 on topic Re:ASE A7 HVAC
Ok thank you both! I will look into both those things. I have already passed the A6 test so I am not too worried about that part of it.

More
3 years 2 months ago #46771 by AJeep18
Replied by AJeep18 on topic Re:ASE A7 HVAC

Tyler wrote: Whatever I thought I knew got blown away after watching the CTI Virtual Classroom video on HVAC enthalpy:

Would an infrared temp gun work good enough for plotting the temperatures do you think?

Time to create page: 0.192 seconds