A place to discuss hardware/software and diagnostic procedures

Specific dongle for forscan lite.

More
3 years 2 months ago #46670 by Hazard05
Hey guys, noob to the forum, not new to the trade, recently downloaded forscan lite to my android phone just to have another tool in the box, unfortunately it don’t seem to like my elm327 adapter, doesn’t seem to want to connect to it. Says it’s a fake version nor something, it works fine with my torque pro app. Anyways does anyone have any insight on this issue. Links to a known good one that works with the app. TIA.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 2 months ago #46673 by Matt T
Obdlink MX+ is the one Forscan recommend. I've got one but haven't used it with android. Works well with windows and ios.

forscan.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6142

More
3 years 2 months ago #46717 by Andy.MacFadyen
Yes all the OBDLink dongles are 100% ELM327 compliant they use as specially designed chip the clones use a general purpose chip that hasn't the full commands built in.

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

More
3 years 2 months ago #46720 by Hazard05
Makes sense, thanks for the replies

More
3 years 2 months ago #46724 by Matt T

Andy.MacFadyen wrote: Yes all the OBDLink dongles are 100% ELM327 compliant they use as specially designed chip the clones use a general purpose chip that hasn't the full commands built in.

I think they're all ELM327/OBD-II compliant, except maybe the new BMW specific one. MX+ is the only current bluetooth model with Ford MS-CAN support though so it's the one to get for 2004 and up.

Time to create page: 0.184 seconds