A place to discuss hardware/software and diagnostic procedures

Re:Video clips to help identify customer concerns??

More
3 years 2 months ago #46653 by SHIMHEAD
Does anyone use video clips to help customers accurately choose the proper description of the problems with the vehicle?? For example say a no start situation: Ignition powers up, but no crank, and no start. Or ignition powers up, cranks, but no start. Or ignition powers up, loud click, but no crank, no start. You get the idea. Just wondering if anyone has taken the time to put together something like this, and how you went about doing so. At least in a dealership setting it would be quite useful getting accurate descriptions of issues on repair orders. Please share your thoughts......

"Common sense ain't so common is it?"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 2 months ago #46665 by Tutti57
Similar sheets do exist. We have one for squeaks and rattles that is helpful when filled out. I know honda has an awesome bulletin using examples of sounds to help describe their sound.

Nissan Tech

More
3 years 2 months ago #46666 by SHIMHEAD
Yes, as an Infiniti dealer, we do have the "Symtom Survey' sheets we do use, and that is helpful. However, I am hoping to take it up a notch and find or make videos for those clients who are "visually" oriented. Once I have what want, will put them in a folder on the company server, so everyone can access them. Then an advisor can put in the work order job line "Reference video #xx" to confirm client concern, or something of that nature as opposed to "Client states vehicle will not start". Just looking to reduce the amount of time trying to get that last tidbit of information that makes diagnosis easier and more accurate.....

"Common sense ain't so common is it?"

More
3 years 2 months ago #46671 by Tutti57
Ohh, ok. So a file submitted by the customer? I personally have not heard of that. Only when the writer asks for one to be emailed or texted, then I see their phone.

Nissan Tech

Time to create page: 0.205 seconds