A place to discuss hardware/software and diagnostic procedures

Affordable In-cylinder Pressure Transducer

More
3 years 3 months ago - 3 years 3 months ago #46134 by John Curtis
Hey fellas, it’s been a while since I’ve jumped on here. I just wanted to share an affordable in-cylinder pressure transducer PS16 with a few added adapters that Rotkee sells. I’m in the US and after exchange rate it came out to $170. I placed it December 29th, but due to holidays didn’t pay for it until Jan 6th. It shipped Jan 11th and arrived Jan 22nd. So it took 11 days once shipped.

Ordering from Rotkee is a bit awkward as they will email you about where to send the money. I used TransferWise because it seemed a bit easier.

I ordered the transducer, the ridged adapters, and ridged extensions. The captures definitely have enough detail for diagnostic purposes. Hope this helps somebody.

Making Pressure Differential Sensors (PDA Sensors) for pressure pulse diagnostics.
Currently servicing Central Texas.
Attachments:
Last edit: 3 years 3 months ago by John Curtis.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 3 months ago #46135 by Matt T
Thanks for the positive report on Rotkee. They've got some interesting stuff but the payment methods looked kinda sketchy.......

More
3 years 3 months ago #46136 by John Curtis

Matt T wrote: Thanks for the positive report on Rotkee. They've got some interesting stuff but the payment methods looked kinda sketchy.......

I had the same exact concern especially when I sent payment and didn’t hear back for 2 days. But it was actually the payment company that was slow at processing. And then emailing to tell them the payment was sent didn’t sit well either. Definitely glad it actually worked out.

Making Pressure Differential Sensors (PDA Sensors) for pressure pulse diagnostics.

More
3 years 3 months ago #46158 by Tyler
Thanks for the review! I was very close to pulling the trigger on some of the flexible backprobes. Got spooked about the payment process. :( Glad to hear it works out for US customers.

Really want to try some of their COP and ignition probes. B)

More
3 years 3 months ago #46198 by John Curtis

Tyler wrote: Thanks for the review! I was very close to pulling the trigger on some of the flexible backprobes. Got spooked about the payment process. :( Glad to hear it works out for US customers.

Really want to try some of their COP and ignition probes. B)

I’m actually trying to examine my options with the ignition probes as well. Having 6 coils on one channel is a huge plus when you only have a 4 channel scope. I wish they would sell individuals to add on. I’ve seen Stephen Marshall making them and daisy chaining them together but he is UK based and I don’t know if he’s selling them or prototyping them for the moment.

More
3 years 2 months ago #46332 by stevieturbo
Anyone tried any more of their products ?

And how safe is that Transfer wise payment thing ? Do you use a credit card on it ?

Their scope seems like really good value, a much cheaper version of the USB Autoscope, which is already good value.

Seems like it would be a good starter.

More
3 years 2 months ago - 3 years 2 months ago #46342 by ivoalaska
I have ordered several things from them. Pressure pulse sensor, piercing probes and cabels. All are working well and i have payd with Transferwise. Only thing is, that delivery is slow and i´m not far from them (Estonia)
Last edit: 3 years 2 months ago by ivoalaska.

More
3 years 2 months ago #46348 by stevieturbo
Are you using their scope or a different one ?

More
3 years 2 months ago #46349 by ivoalaska
No, i´m using Pico 4425

Time to create page: 0.221 seconds