A place to discuss hardware/software and diagnostic procedures

Verus 14.2

More
3 years 3 months ago #45854 by Mechanic 350
Verus 14.2 was created by Mechanic 350
I found a verus 14.2 for sale. You guys that have this tool. Is it a good buy at $1100 being this old.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
3 years 3 months ago #45855 by Noah
Replied by Noah on topic Verus 14.2
Sounds like a lot of money for that particular tool.
The software version is old, but usable. If you don't have a scope, then it's better then no scope, but the battery life on those old Verus had much to be desired before they where were obsolete.
I'd be in the $500 ball park.
If the scope doesn't interest you and you're looking for a good scan tool, $1000 can get you a much newer Autel packed with functions that will be easier and faster to use.
Just my opinion. I had an old first generation Verus and it helped get me to where I am today, but I sold it 3 or 4 years ago when I out grew it for $500.
At that point it was still a great tool to learn on but for every day money making in the shop it was just too slow and always needed to be charged.

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mechanic 350

More
3 years 3 months ago #45858 by Chad
Replied by Chad on topic Verus 14.2
In my opinion, ANY functional Verus is worth $1100. It is a 4 channel labscope. And with 6 mega-samples per second, it is nothing to sneeze at. Now, throw in the Guided Component tests, and the pot just got a whole lot sweeter. The Guided Component tests contains a wealth of information about your specific vehicle (up to 2013). This, in my opinion, is worth $1100. Not to mention that is is, also, a very capable (up to 2013), bi-directional scan tool. You are covered up to 2013. And, with the exception of the On-line features, it still has all of the capabilities and functions that it ever had. So, in my opinion, it is worth $1100. That being said, I had a hard time selling my first generation Verus. I, finally, sold it for $500. :dry:

"Knowledge is a weapon. Arm yourself, well, before going to do battle."
"Understanding a question is half an answer."

I have learned more by being wrong, than I have by being right. :-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah

More
3 years 3 months ago #45859 by Mechanic 350
Replied by Mechanic 350 on topic Verus 14.2
thanks Chad, so I'm seeing both sides of the coin.

More
3 years 3 months ago #45860 by Matt T
Replied by Matt T on topic Verus 14.2

Chad wrote: In my opinion, ANY functional Verus is worth $1100. It is a 4 channel labscope.

I agree the 'scope is worth that, but these things are priced as obsolete scan tools so the one OP is looking at is probably worth closer to $500. That does depend on what all comes with it though. $500 seems to be the going rate for the stripped scan tool. OBD-I and/or euro and 'scope accessories could drive the value closer to a grand.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah

More
3 years 3 months ago #46133 by musicalmechanic
Replied by musicalmechanic on topic Verus 14.2
I know this conversation is probably a bit dated and I'm new to the forum so excuse me if I'm chiming in wrong here, lol.

I just updated my Verus with Snap-On, it's my daily driver. Honestly, the update was pricey but in my opinion, well worth the money.

At $1,100, I'd jump on it. I'd just look into getting the proper update while I'm at it. Snap-On still supports the Verus (mine is a Verus Edge) and mine has treated me well. As Chad had said, 4 channel scope plus guided component test is an awesome combination.

My two cents :)

Time to create page: 0.235 seconds