A place to discuss hardware/software and diagnostic procedures

Torn between used Solus ultra or new Autel MS906 to replace Modis.

More
3 years 3 months ago #45846 by thorguy57
My old Modis is starting to show it's age. The battery dies instantly and you can barely see the screen anymore. It's only updated to 2015. Although I love the scan tool, I think it's time for a replacement. I think I have it narrowed down to either a used solus ultra off of ebay or and Autel MS906. I'll end up going with a stand alone scope. They will be used on mostly domestic and Asian vehicles. Little to no European. I would say probably 60% domestic and 40% Asian. Just wondering what you guys would prefer if it were you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 3 months ago #45892 by gav09
I have both a modis ultra and a ms906. Personally I would choose the autel. It has more functions but the graphing is slower. The snap on is a little more visually appealing and has better graphing. It also has troubleshooter if that is something that you need but I just use service info.

More
3 years 3 months ago #45916 by thorguy57
Thanks for you input on this. I’m leaning more towards the autel. Seems to be quite a few people impressed with them. I don’t need the troubleshooter, but it is definitely handy to have so I don’t have to go back and forth to my other laptop to get the service info. Although usually I’m just in the garage drinking beer with time to kill anyway.

More
3 years 2 months ago #46278 by Mechanic 350
I just recently purchased the Autel 908S pro for $2400 and it does the job well. Go with new. Just saying.

Time to create page: 0.266 seconds