A place to discuss hardware/software and diagnostic procedures

o2 sensor plug wire colors to pcm

More
3 years 3 months ago #45738 by stevek
2002 Ford Taurus SE Wagon 3.0 Vulcan U type. Regular overhead cam gas. not double overhead engine. "Symptoms are Bank 2 o2's running highly rich with intermittent rough idle. sometimes stalls out when heater blower moter is switched on". Also air conditioner compressor malfunctioned with grinding bearings. I bypassed compressor with a shorter 82" Serpentine belt. For some reason Ford has the computer memory wired into this circuit. all plugs are connected to the compressor. I will be checking them for any shorts. I need to know wire colors going from o2 sensor plugs to pcm. 2 banks upstream and downstream. looking at female plug going to computer I need to know which plug is 1, 2, 3, and 4. a mechanic tells me I'm getting voltage to o2's when key is turned on. i want make sure I rewired the new plugs on bank2 upstream and downstream correctly. it is a 4 wire sensor with 2 whites and a grey and a black. i believe the white wires are the heating element. i want to make sure I got the wires going to pcm attached to plugs correctly. If I have a 5 volt heater line going to grey ground or black signal the computer is getting incorrect information. Where can I get a colored diagram of each o2 sensor plugs colored wires and get them sliced on right. after that I want to check the ohm readings to see if there is a partial short to ground and also use test light for complete short to ground. I will disconnect pcm harness and battery supply in case of any ghost current snaking into the circuit. If I can get all this to pass I can start looking at other diagnostic proccess of elimination tests. almost every sensor and part is new on this car. i'm also going to replace some relays. my goal is to correct engine light DTC's and see if pcm is doomed. I think starting with basic wiring continuity and shorts is the best way to start. If anyone has a good color coded wire diagram of o2's to pcm would be highly appreciated. Thank You Guys. Steve

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 3 months ago #45771 by RJMARRA

stevek wrote: 2002 Ford Taurus SE Wagon 3.0 Vulcan U type. Regular overhead cam gas. not double overhead engine.

What do you mean by this? 3.0L V6 DOHC (which sounds like you're saying it is NOT) or 3.0L V6 OHV? If you can specify or provide a VIN I might be able to help you with a diagram.

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
3 years 3 months ago - 3 years 3 months ago #45802 by Noah
The Vulcan motor is the pushrod 3.0 OHV engine.
It is a single cam engine, just not single over head cam. (Honest mistake)
So, not the Duratec motor, and not flex fuel, VIN U :)

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"
Last edit: 3 years 3 months ago by Noah.

More
3 years 3 months ago #45832 by RJMARRA
I've attached a diagram for you
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.254 seconds