A place to discuss hardware/software and diagnostic procedures

Testing relay circuits at the box

More
3 years 3 months ago #45513 by autojoe
Wanted to share this. I have used for awhile. I have relay adapters for testing control and load side circuits at the box but have this wire I bought at radio shack years ago. They sell it on Amazon also. If you take a piece and strip off insulation on the ends remove the relay from the box stick one end into relay terminal you want to test and push relay back into box you now have a wire to hook your meter or scope to. Wire is thin. It is used for printed circuit boards. You could use two to do voltage drop testing. It is 30 gauge kynar solid insulated wrapping wire. I love the stuff. Seen latest scanner Danner video about relay voltage drop testing at relay and this wire would work great thin enough to remove relay stick down in relay terminal and push relay back into the box and test circuit. Just wanted to share with everyone. Joe
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah, Tutti57

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 3 months ago #45562 by Tutti57
Thanks, Joe. Do you have a picture or link you can share? I'd like to see what they look like. Just gotta be careful with some of these module based relay boxes, like Nissan's IPDM, where you aren't supposed to remove the relays and replace the thing as one unit...I've removed them, but they say it can cause problems with the joints.

More
3 years 3 months ago #45867 by autojoe
Just go to Amazon and type as I described. Very thin wire. I bought from radio shack before but Amazon has it. Nice wire to test points for voltage drop testing for possible bad relay contacts.

Time to create page: 0.212 seconds