A place to discuss hardware/software and diagnostic procedures

Which Autel Tablet and output to a large touchscreen (UK)

More
3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #45378 by Wightscope
Next year if all goes according to plan I 'm starting up with an existing diag operation in partnership with the existing owner. Together we expect to hugely increase the throughput, fix a bunch of cars (German and JLR focus) and really make the most of the great facilities. I'm still learning fast and hard at the diagnostic side but have run a lot of business'.

As part of this I will be setting up my own diagnostic bay and as a big proponent of using the Pico I want to run a large (say 22"+) touchscreen with cables on a boom. This is easy enough for the Pico, but I was wondering if it's been done with one of the BT Autel tablets (going Autel as we don't have one in the shop at the moment).

So 2 Questions
1) Any ideas on how to achieve touch screen feedback to an Autel (I thought of using the Teamview but latency seems to be a possible issue) and I assume the Autel tablets are locked down to installing new apps or drivers.

2) Anyone quantify how much actual software difference there is between the MS906 and the MS908 (without J2534) level/range of capabilities - sure its' "better" but 1%, 5%, 50% ? It seems to be that we are expected to spend 50% more just on the marketeers say so that it's "better" It will be my biggest setup expense so I would really appreciate some unbiased opinions.
Last edit: 3 years 4 months ago by Wightscope.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #45451 by Wightscope
Done some more research on the touchscreen and emailed with Autel UK. The 908S seems to be the lowest machine with HDMI and a USB port.
But locked as in no apps allowed to be installed. I would be able to enable USB de-bugging on the tablet which is all that is needed for Scrcpy to work - but unfortunately with the Android on the Autel tablets being 7 years old it's not supported. Vysor "might" work but as they have zero support and lousy reviews it's a gamble.
Here's hoping for an Autel January sale..
Last edit: 3 years 4 months ago by Wightscope.

More
3 years 4 months ago #45452 by Matt T
Teamviewer will probably be good enough if you have a decent internet service. I've remoted on to sites with < 1mb internet, using a 3G hotspot my end, without any significant latency issues.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wightscope

More
3 years 3 months ago - 3 years 3 months ago #45918 by Wightscope
I bought the 2021 906BT latest version which handily comes with an HDMI, USB and OTG connectors so I should be able to get something to work.
Not officially available in the UK but I bought it through a UK company that provides first line support and can even fix the things so comfortable with that.
I'll do a write up when I have had a chance to use it in anger!
Last edit: 3 years 3 months ago by Wightscope.

Time to create page: 0.215 seconds