A place to discuss hardware/software and diagnostic procedures

Vantage Pro

More
7 years 3 months ago #5787 by rogerinutah
Vantage Pro was created by rogerinutah
I have been looking to purchase a Snap-On Vantage Pro.
What all should I make sure that is included?
Does 16.4 include troubleshooter, and component tester upgrades?
Does the Vantage Pro suffer from being copied and sold like the Tech-2 has been?
It seems the more I find out, the harder it is to find a complete unit...
Thanks Much for any input
Roger

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 3 months ago #5813 by Ephratah
Replied by Ephratah on topic Vantage Pro
The trouble shooter is a feature of the scan tool not the graphing meter, which would be the solus Ultra type tool. The updates are available through snap on only and they are around $500 for update and the last update for the vantage was 16.4 the 17.2 update is scheduled to come out anytime now which will be for the Vantage Ultra. The updates fix any bugs and allow you to access newer vehicles if you have some knowledge of the scope you can use it with out it being updated by setting the tool up manually and not using the vehicle ID function
To the best of my knowledge it can not be copied. You can I believe you can purchase monthly based subscription for updates which saves you a few $ and the updates are done via the internet.
Hope this helps Jim

Hitting it with a Hammer is worth $5 knowing where to hit is worth $40
The following user(s) said Thank You: rogerinutah

More
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #5917 by lstinthwrld
Replied by lstinthwrld on topic Vantage Pro
The vantage pro is an awesome tool. Make sure if you buy a used one that it comes with the leads the charger and battery ( usually with a used one you will either need to replace or rebuild the battery ) and make sure it comes with the compact flash card for the version of software they are advertising the machine to be upgraded to. I have been burned here. On a Snap On truck the Vantage Pro used fully upgraded is usually around the $1000.00 mark an worth every penny. They can be had on eBay for around the same money just be aware and make sure you are very clear on version of software (fairly expensive to upgrade and can turn a good deal into a not so good deal very quickly) and what it does and does not come with. I recently picked up a first gen Vantage (my old one died) and love the thing. It was a brand new unit my Snap On guy never sold even had the unbroken factory seal on the hard case and the Kv module and leads for $200.00. It was a good deal on a graphing multi meter. So definitely check with your local Snap On guy before you go buy somewhere else.
Hope this helps a little.
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by lstinthwrld.

More
7 years 2 months ago #5918 by komobu
Replied by komobu on topic Vantage Pro
A Vantage Pro is a great tool to have. Dont worry about the latest update. All the update does for the most part is to add to the data library newer vehicles. If most of the vehicles you work on are 2008 and older, you can get a used vp with update 9.4 for example. The library in that tool would cover model year 2009 and older.

The tool itself is identical to the tool with a 16.4 update for example, just the library is different. The library tells you how / where to connect the leads. Say you want to check a ckp sensor on a 2001 Crown Vic. The library in the tool will tell you the wire colors and the best test location. If your version library was 2008.4, you could still use it to check the crank sensor on a 2017 car. You would just have to use your information source to tell you where the sensor is and what the wire colors are instead of that info being in the tool itself.

Dont be afraid to purchase this tool no matter what update it has. It is a great tool.

More
7 years 2 months ago #5921 by lstinthwrld
Replied by lstinthwrld on topic Vantage Pro
I agree great tool no matter the update. Just keep in mind as of 16.4 Snap on no longer supports this tool with updates so if you will want newer information either buy the tool updated or buy the update now. You wont be able to get it later.

Time to create page: 0.255 seconds