A place to discuss hardware/software and diagnostic procedures

Pico and pair fired injectors

More
3 years 7 months ago #42926 by Grayfox
1993 isuzu todeo 3.2(6VD1)
The car runs fine, im just tring to learn new ways of testing. Having seen Mr Danner using the wps500 to look at injector flow threw the psi fluctuations on the fuel rail... i have been playing with the test and find it very interesting. What im trying to determine is a way i could do this on pair fired injectors... i can get to the wiring from the ecm but thats firing 2 injectors at that point and each drop in the psi wave is 2 injectors rather than one. im my mind the test has no value if i have to pull the intake so i can triger off a single injector enabling me to pull it out on the flow wave form . Thoughts/comments/ideas.
Agian the car runs fine im just tryen to lean a way to do this on older pair fired systems... im not sure it can be done cost effectively

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 6 months ago #43605 by Hardtopdr2
I would say to disconnect the connector to the paired injector and then get your reading. If you cant get to one then may have to chase wiring harness to cut the wire but that can induce more problems later on down the road if not sealed up correctly when done.

More
3 years 6 months ago #43611 by Andy.MacFadyen
Transverse V6 engines are pita for access with very few shortcuts.

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
3 years 6 months ago #43612 by Noah
Replied by Noah on topic Pico and pair fired injectors
I imagine the test would still have value even if you are forced to look at 2 injector events at once.
A difference in flow in one pair compared to the other pairs would at least let you know that there is a flow issue and that you can focus your efforts on 2 out of the 6 injectors.

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

More
3 years 6 months ago #43634 by Grayfox
Very true, it would narrow it would the possibilities.

Time to create page: 0.202 seconds