A place to discuss hardware/software and diagnostic procedures

Programs for writing/designing diy wiring diagrams

More
3 years 7 months ago #42778 by al514
Hey all, does anyone know of a good, preferably free, programs for designing wiring diagrams. That can be saved as jpeg. I need to write up some diagrams for a project I'm designing. But I'm still learning as I go here. Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 7 months ago #42779 by Matt T
There are plenty of free CAD software packages available. Search the web for free electrical cad software. Might have to try a few to find the right one with a suitable component library. Most are probably geared more toward industrial than automotive.

I've never heard of a CAD program outputting jpegs. Folks normally print the drawings to pdf for sharing with folks who don't have CAD software.

And if you do find a good one please let me know. The last package I was using went pay, a lot, to play :sick:

More
3 years 7 months ago #42874 by al514
Yes I'll let you know what I find. I've just come back to this, so sorry for the delay.

More
3 years 7 months ago #42875 by al514
Update: I found this one man, it seems pretty cool so far, I just installed it and messing around with it. But it's got symbols for everything and there seems to be a lot of options for the free version.

www.proficad.com/default.aspx

Time to create page: 0.258 seconds