A place to discuss hardware/software and diagnostic procedures

Snap on Versus Pro.

More
3 years 7 months ago #42573 by Daryn
Snap on Versus Pro. was created by Daryn
My dealer has a used Versus Pro for sale. Its just the scanner, m4 scope/multimeter, (no leads) ac power cord and scan module. It has windows xp and the software is Version: 2.17.0.736 Bundle: 19.2.0 The price is $700. My questions are:

1. Can the version of windows be updated to a newer version ?
2. I know support will be phased out in the next two years, so would it be worth the 1k for the last update plus the extra money for the needed
scope/multimeter adapters ?
3. Should I look at something else ? I'm currently using a Launch CRP129, it works ok but I need a better scan tool and I want to stay in the 1k
dolllar range.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
3 years 7 months ago - 3 years 7 months ago #42578 by Noah
Replied by Noah on topic Snap on Versus Pro.
I would buy it.
I don't know about updating Windows, and I personally wouldn't be worried about the software update either.

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"
Last edit: 3 years 7 months ago by Noah.

More
3 years 7 months ago #42586 by Matt T
Replied by Matt T on topic Snap on Versus Pro.
You're not looking at a ton of money for a basic set of 'scope accesories. The Snap-on leads themselves aren't that expensive and you could use regular DMM leads if you wanted to cheap out. Low amp clamp will run you about $100 from somewhere like AESwave.

Noah wrote: I don't know about updating Windows, and I personally wouldn't be worried about the software update either.

People have upgraded Windows on the Verus DIO but I don't see any point in it personally.

Agreed on the Snap-on upgrade. Sinking a grand into a $700 tool right when it becomes obsolete doesn't make much sense IMO. Better to put that money into something like a new Autel, or maybe Launch, when you start running into vehicles too new for the Verus.

More
3 years 6 months ago #43392 by Baran
Replied by Baran on topic Snap on Versus Pro.
Never replace Verus battery.I did once and ended up paying Snapon truck rep. $400 every year.Replacement Verus batteries made Junk intentionally by Snap-on to force mechanics to buy new versions of scan tools...

Time to create page: 0.196 seconds