A place to discuss hardware/software and diagnostic procedures

Pico Purchase

More
7 years 2 months ago #5539 by Knoxtech
Pico Purchase was created by Knoxtech
Looking at purchasing a Pico 4425 starter kit. I have a hantek scope but have become pretty frustrated with it interface and capture. I really like the Pico wave library and some of the other features. My question is where are people buying them from? I have spoken to Carlos at AES Wave and also Pico directly. I also searched and find auto nerdz. bottom line is I am trying to be smart with the money and also the best price I can. I just wanted to see who other people have purchased from and the reasoning. Thanks for any help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #5568 by Knoxtech
Replied by Knoxtech on topic Pico Purchase
I end up going with AES wave for the purchase. A big thanks to Carlos and Daniel over at AES Wave for all the help. Hope this help someone else out.
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by Knoxtech.

More
7 years 2 months ago #5570 by Andy.MacFadyen
Replied by Andy.MacFadyen on topic Pico Purchase
I think you picked the right time to make the quantum leap, I am pretty sure currency exchange rates are going to be very unstable in the next year or so. You won't miss the Hantek software .......

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

The following user(s) said Thank You: Knoxtech

More
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #5572 by Knoxtech
Replied by Knoxtech on topic Pico Purchase
I hope so. It was a big purchase that I hope will pay off but at that price I felt like it was better then any other website I had found. Now I just have to walk through all the training I can find on best way to use it. I played with the demo software and it seemed so much more straight forward then the Hantek.
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by Knoxtech.

More
7 years 2 months ago #5573 by ScannerDanner
Replied by ScannerDanner on topic Pico Purchase
You made a wise choice my friend. I've heard a lot of bad feedback on the Hantek stuff

Don't be a parts changer!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Knoxtech

More
7 years 2 months ago #6145 by Steelhog
Replied by Steelhog on topic Pico Purchase
I purchased mine from Autonerdz because I had a Modis that I had no idea how to use (the scope part) and a dealer who had no interest in helping me after the sale.
That purchase opened my eyes to the world of scope usage and I am learning to this day. The people over there really know their stuff and are more than happy to help out. You can upload captures that you're having trouble understanding and they will walk you through it so that you learn how to better use your scope.
Best of all I think is they will actually pick up the phone (or answer your email promptly) if you call and help you with anything scope related. They'll even set up a screen share session to walk you through setup or whatever.
Bottom line is getting the scope is only the first step. Learning the ins and outs is the hard part and the Autonerdz group makes it easy on you.

Time to create page: 0.194 seconds