A place to discuss hardware/software and diagnostic procedures

Hall effect and indective

More
3 years 10 months ago #40353 by A93320336@gmail.com
Team good day

Any one can explane to my how to check hall efect sensor and indective pikup
I use my scope and probe signal wire and give hard steel and magnatic on front of sensor i see it in scanned danner jeep video
I have pathfinder i try to do same with know good
I make the chisel front of sensor and the signal in scope still low and up plug come high
Any idea how to now the sensor is bad or the fly wheel or the gap

Apply this to all car

How can i

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #40354 by Andy.MacFadyen
3 wire Hall effect relay.sensor can be thought of as being like a relay -- the change magnetic field triggers the relay. Like a relay it needs a power and ground to work Most but not all hall effect sensors have a magnet built in so just bringing an iron object up close will switch the sensor. Not all steels are fero-magnetic so the type steel tool you are using to test the sensor matters.

In 2 Wire Hall-Effects such as used in ABS systems the power for the sensor and the signal are on the same wire this ABS module measures the changes in current going through the sensor this type of sensor is less easy to test but using a magnet or on car I can usually see a change in signal voltage with the scope connected accross the two sensor wires.

With 2 wire inductive sensors as with Hall-Effect sensors the type of iron/steel tool (soft iron is best, stainless steel worst) matters but also the speed you flick the tool past the sensor head -- faster & closer is best.

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by Andy.MacFadyen.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.199 seconds