A place to discuss hardware/software and diagnostic procedures

Information System Options

More
7 years 3 months ago #5344 by SniperDan
Hello all! This is my first forum post here, and would like to take a quick opportunity to thank Paul for all of the work he has done both in the past and in the present to help educate the modern technician on effective troubleshooting techniques.

I think most would agree that finding reliable information for most European vehicles can sometimes be an incredibly frustrating experience (at least I feel this way). Currently my main sources of system description and operation, diagrams, and manufacturer flowcharts etc. is Alldata and Identifix. I use Alldata primarily for repair information, while Identifix is my go to system of choice for diagnostic work (which is my primary job).

I often find information for European vehicles is hit or miss at best, with some vehicles having ample system descriptions and diagrams available of acceptable accuracy, while others are completely wrong. Wiring color differences, pin orientation errors, lack of flow charts, and lack of system diagrams are a common thing I run into on the daily when troubleshooting these vehicles.

My question is heavily addressed to those servicing European vehicles on a routine basis, or primarily. What do you use for information? What advice can you offer for navigating some of these systems and finding information suitable to come to a conclusive and accurate diagnosis?

"Without data, you are just another person with an opinion."

~W. Edwards Deming

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 3 months ago #5380 by Tyler
Replied by Tyler on topic Information System Options
Subscribing to this thread. ;) 'Cause I'd love to have a better source of info on Euro makes than Mitchell ProDemand!

Just reading about BMW diagnostics, it sounds like a lot of the info we're looking for is in the scan tool itself, and not published elsewhere. :unsure: Might explain the lack of information through other sources.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.212 seconds