A place to discuss hardware/software and diagnostic procedures

Advanced scopes- USB Autoscope

More
4 years 2 weeks ago - 4 years 2 weeks ago #39234 by juergen.scholl
Based in the thread from Dylan about the recent Pico 4425A - and not wanting to hijack this thread - I would like to share some experiences with other tools. There are "toys" out there with such advanced features as power supply to pressure transducers, amp clamps and rotational sensors as well as running scripts for automated signal analysis.

I do own a USB Autoscope IV and I love it. It's an 8 channel device that in reality is more a complete engine tester than a scope only. An amazing feature is the cranksensor script which analyses the signal and its deviations generated by the ckp and evaluates in a comprehensive way the engine's mechanical condition, fuel delivery, ignition system, specific cylinder contribution - among others. This test is done literally in a couple of minutes. The cranksensor script is just one of various scripts, others will check the entire electrical system ,the real gas exhange process in the cylinder etc. in an equally precise and fast manner.
The attached picture reveals a bad coil (waste spark system) showing up as a cylinder 1&5 misfire under heavy acceleration.

An expert is someone who knows each time more on each time less, until he finally knows absolutely everything about absolutely nothing.
Attachments:
Last edit: 4 years 2 weeks ago by juergen.scholl.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tyler

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.228 seconds