A place to discuss hardware/software and diagnostic procedures

Graphing RPM

More
4 years 1 month ago #38444 by jarayner23
Graphing RPM was created by jarayner23
Hi

With questions for graphing RPM. I have an earlier Ford with a hall effect internal to the distributor. From the wiring diagram i attached can i use any of the wiring you see to gain an rpm signal? or can i gain an rpm signal from the coil lead?

TIA

Jason
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 1 month ago #38445 by John Curtis
Replied by John Curtis on topic Graphing RPM
PIP is crank signal. Something specific to Ford is that during crank the CEL will go off showing it’s getting RPM signal.

Making Pressure Differential Sensors (PDA Sensors) for pressure pulse diagnostics.
Currently servicing Central Texas.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah

More
4 years 1 month ago #38473 by jarayner23
Replied by jarayner23 on topic Graphing RPM
Okay sweet. found it and got a waveform. whats the easiest way to convert this to an rpm and graph it?

More
4 years 1 month ago #38474 by jarayner23
the following are waveforms are from the PIP wire of the TFI ignition module on the EEC-IV (4) ignition system. is there a math function i can implement with pico automotive 6 convert into rpm?
Attachments:

More
4 years 1 month ago #38475 by jarayner23
also a question on the above waveform would i say the 5 wider waveforms would be ther reluctor then what is the narrower waveform represent?

More
4 years 1 month ago #38514 by John Curtis
Replied by John Curtis on topic Graphing RPM
Repetition = Revolution

You can use rulers from the bottom left and drag them to where you want to measure. Should display rpm between

Or click measurements, pick channel, change measurement type to frequency, and choose between rulers... and place your rulers. Frequency is pretty much the same as RPMs. Its a measurement per second and RPM is per minute

Making Pressure Differential Sensors (PDA Sensors) for pressure pulse diagnostics.
Currently servicing Central Texas.

Time to create page: 0.197 seconds