A place to discuss hardware/software and diagnostic procedures

Streaming Mode on Picoscopes like 2205A

More
4 years 2 months ago #37643 by Batiscafo
After extensive search and reading what the Pico Website says (see attached write up from Pico) I still am on the dark at a couple or more questions:

My understanding is that the "Streaming Mode" is designed to get more detailed waveforms utilizing either the Pico hardware and/or the Pico 6 software.
There is a very good explanation in YouTube by Demitry L. on ZOOMABLE signals also.

But, how do I lunch this "streaming mode". Not clear to me if the software or the "settings" on the parmeters we select determines that it is correct how do we know what parameters make Pico software/hardware decide to be in Streaming Mode.

Anyone that would like to comment/clarify on that?

Also I have not found in Pico training/writeups something that is of practical use, maybe because I am new to this?

File Attachment:

File Name: picoscopeu...ming.pdf
File Size:323 KB
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: aboudi.naddaf

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #37682 by Andy.MacFadyen
As I understand it streaming is automatic at slower timebases
ie when the screen covers more than 1 second from left to right. However although this gives you very deep memory of data points to avoid filling up the available hard disk space there is a set limit to how much data Picoscope will stream to the PC

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

Last edit: 4 years 2 months ago by Andy.MacFadyen.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul P., aboudi.naddaf, Batiscafo

More
4 years 2 months ago #37683 by Andy.MacFadyen
I should add that to get a reasonable capture in streaming mode set the software sample rate higher for example try 100 mega sample per second on a 200m/s per division screen, then stop the scope and zoom in.

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul P., Dtech494, aboudi.naddaf, Batiscafo

Time to create page: 0.190 seconds