A place to discuss hardware/software and diagnostic procedures

Autel MS906TS VS MS906BT VS Maxisys Elite

More
4 years 2 months ago #37521 by Live2Fish88
Hey guys. I'm looking to purchase a new scantool. There isn't a lot of information on these tools out there. These are the three I'm looking at.

First off, does the MS906TS have the same ADAS features the MS906BT has or does the BT offer ADAS and the TS offer TPMS ONLY.

Secondly, does the bare tablet of the elite do more than the MS906TS or BT? As in, does it have more diagnostic capabilities aside from the J2534 that comes with it?

What function does the TS provide for TPMS? Can it read battery life? Is it only used when replacing TPMS or programming an aftermarket TPMS to a wheel? If it's moreso for somebody with a tire machine... it's useless to me. If it can read TPMS life, reset TPMS that's already existing in the wheel and provide diagnostics for the system, it's something im interested in.

If the TS DOES NOT provide ADAS support at all or as well as the BT would it be smarter to future proof and buy the BT or is it crippled as it is?

I'm trying to get the most for my money and i'm seeing the BT sold for 1100, the TS sold for 2k and the elite at 2,600. So the difference is substantial but i'm willing to pay if it's worth it. The reason i ask about the bare tablet between the 906 series and elite is that i probably won't be programming as you need a subscription to manufacturer specific websites and i'm not willing to pay for that. I'm looking at scantool capabilities in bi-directional and diagnostic. Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #37534 by Live2Fish88
So... I originally ordered the MK908. Warning for everybody. On the autel website on the right side of the products list, online tools or however they word it is for international sales. Autel in the US won't support this. Just a warning. MS906TS will do ADAS. Make sure if you buy any of these tools and live in the US that you make sure the seller specifies it's a USA supported tool. It'll work in the US, but if you need help if it's from anywhere else, you won't get support... I bought the MS906TS for under $1,500 brand new from a reputable online tool retailer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah

More
4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #38608 by Dtech494
The 906 TS has the tire pressure tool built into it and can program autel sensors.
I don't think the 906 TS does more than the 906 BT other than TPMS testing and cloning of Autel sensors.
It will activate (nearly all types) sensors and would report battery and pressure status, id etc of sensors installed in a tire.
The advantage of it built in tool is that on certain vehicles that support it you can read the sensors and update IDs to the ECU through the
obd2 link. It saves the time of having to manually enter the ID's to the car's system.
(I had a plain 906 and separate Autel tpms tool) now have 908 elite.)
The 908 will have same pids and bidirectional functions.
It usually has a larger tablet with different processor. (verify for yourself)
It may have a couple more coding functions but I have not verified that myself.
HTH
Last edit: 4 years 1 month ago by Dtech494. Reason: added missed info in comment

Time to create page: 0.212 seconds