A place to discuss hardware/software and diagnostic procedures

printers for mobile work?

More
4 years 3 months ago #37222 by Leon
Any mobile techs? Anyone have any suggestions for a small printer for mobile work? Receipts, maintenance reports, tsb's, etc...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 3 months ago - 4 years 3 months ago #37245 by Andy.MacFadyen
Cannon have always made good portable printers since the BJ10 30 years back current model is the Pixma iP110 but it will need a suiable inverter or power supply

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

Last edit: 4 years 3 months ago by Andy.MacFadyen.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leon

More
3 years 6 months ago - 3 years 5 months ago #44324 by DonnaCornish
I know that Canon produces printers of this kind. But I'm not sure. For example, my sister had this kind of printer. And she told me that she had suffered a lot with him. She had constant problems with the cartridge. So she decided to buy a Brother DCP-L2550DW All-In-One Monochrome Laser Printer. Now she uses this printer. And it doesn't have any problems with cartridges. She just recently bought a new cartridge on www.mrdepot.ca/collections/brother-toner-cartridges . So read more about printers of mobile works. Because of it can be a lot of hassle.
Last edit: 3 years 5 months ago by DonnaCornish.

More
3 years 6 months ago #44335 by Tutti57
I've thought about this too and think I would probably just get a small printer and run it on a power inverter like Andy said. There are a lot of inverter options on amazon. I picked up a small one a few years ago that claims to be 300w for charging RC battery's on the go that works well. I feel like it was only like $30?

Nissan Technician

More
3 years 6 months ago #44336 by Matt T
Replied by Matt T on topic Re:printers for mobile work?
Print to PDF then emailing the documents will probably work for most customers. Hand written receipt book for the dinosaurs ;)

Time to create page: 0.194 seconds