A place to discuss hardware/software and diagnostic procedures

Modified OTC touch. Need some help.

More
4 years 1 month ago #37207 by chevyboy454
Hey all, long time reader first time posting. Bought a genisys touch that had some prior issues and thought I would try and do what graywave did. I have some knowledge with operating systems and the like but for some reason I cannot get this unit to work as it should. Before we unlocked it I've always had a .framework error when trying to connect to a veh. Also the vci will not connect through Bluetooth so the only way to diag is via USB cable, this was also an ongoing problem. Vci is visible on my PC, laptop and phone and on the tablet itself when running win7, the hub does not see it. Very frustrating. So we unlocked it hoping I could fix the problems in Windows. No luck. Also have a new error popping up asking for spx install disc. Also have questions regarding depot. Pics below of the errors I'm dealing with. Hopefully someone else has done this or ran into this problem.

Thanks in advance :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 5 months ago #51810 by kale.martin
Ever figure it out? I just bought one used and thought I scored as it was cheap. Unfortunately it takes 40 minutes to boot up and vci won't connect. When I use power brick to power it and not have it connected to obd port it connects fine. I've yet to try to connect it to obd and use power supply. The power light is dimmer when using obd plug only. Weird stuff. And it does weird thing to vehicle when I connect it. Guess it's going back to seller who luckily is taking it back as he said it worked on properly but he said he mostly used it for OBD1 stuff.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.185 seconds