A place to discuss hardware/software and diagnostic procedures

Anyone using OBD-I Scanner for Toyota 4Runner 3VZ-E engine?

More
4 years 2 months ago #37126 by Batiscafo
The paper clip gives me the CEL#, but I need some live data and my skills with the 2205A are not helping me to resolve the crap I get when I try to check Ignition signals on that engine. I just get a lot of crap and what I would say is NOISE. I can get other signals with no problem, the Ignition is elusive for me.
I get the NE; G1 and G2 at the ECM or with the distributor on the bench perfectly.

No power and the timing that used to be correct, now seems to be way advanced.I
Keeps giving code 25and do not know what the heck to check, Maybe today I will physically check timing belt.

Also I need to get some advice on how to create a new probe for the Picoscope 6. I did made one up but not sure I understand their explanations on the help side.
I have the 2205A Scope.

Any pointers will be appreciated.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #37139 by Andy.MacFadyen
Noise issue will most likely be stray EMF interference, engines produce a lot of electrcal noise. Pico use BNC connectectos use BNC or twisted pair wire for as close to the pin you are connecting to as possible and use a local ground also be careful how you route the wire to the scope well away from the alternator, injectors fan and any other electric motors. The area adjacent to the battery also tends to be ab inteference hot spot. You can also add a filter but take care not to set the cut off frequency too low as this will mask detail.

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

The following user(s) said Thank You: Batiscafo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.194 seconds