A place to discuss hardware/software and diagnostic procedures

ThinkCars ThinkLogic Scan Tool (Affordable and powerful)

More
4 years 3 months ago #35972 by John Curtis
This appears to be a very affordable tool. It is subscription based to lower the cost of the tool and allows you to choose from 2 manufacturers for enhanced data. Keith from New Level Auto is showing its functions here in the video. If you don’t already know who he is, go check him out and give him a follow.

To me it appears like it may somewhat be built using the x431 platform.

What are your thoughts?

Making Pressure Differential Sensors (PDA Sensors) for pressure pulse diagnostics.
Currently servicing Central Texas.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 3 months ago #35999 by Cheryl
So it only allows 2 manufacturers? Do you know cost of the tool and subscriptions

More
4 years 3 months ago #36005 by John Curtis
It’s $160 for the tool and $40 for the year which has EOBD and 2 Manufacturers of your choice.

Another option is $50/year for their maintenance software that will cover all makes.

For $1,000 it’s a lifetime subscription with 30 different softwares.

I’m still checking out their YouTube and am trying to decide if I’m going to bite the bullet. Can always use another scan tool.

Making Pressure Differential Sensors (PDA Sensors) for pressure pulse diagnostics.
Currently servicing Central Texas.

More
4 years 3 months ago #36010 by Cheryl
So 1000 for lifetime subscription for 30 makes?? Does that mean it has lifetime updates??

More
4 years 3 months ago #36028 by Andy.MacFadyen
What the exact relationship with Launch is unclear but that is X431. Autel are doing something very similar with the AP200. For the hobbyist only working on two or three models has to be worth considering. Autel v Launch is swings and roundabouts.

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

More
4 years 3 months ago #36034 by Andy.MacFadyen

More
4 years 3 months ago #36137 by Snapon DIY
This company had several gyrations of its offer on Kickstarter. I had considered the 1k offer but who knows if they are here 3 yrs from now.
A lifetime guarantee is only as good if the company around...

More
4 years 3 months ago #36141 by Andy.MacFadyen
These products are aimed at a niche market the guy who just looks after at most two or three brands of vehicle owned by his/her family. In the case of the Thinkcars tool it really would be wise to sit and watch what happens as I am not 100% convinced it is not a straight rip off clone of a Launch product. In any event paying for the 1000 USD lifetime deal dosen't make sense when you compare it to say a Launch Diagun with 2 years of updates included

The Autel AP200 is an official product and cost wise makes more sense. I wiil be able to give you some feedback on how the Autel AP200 performs soon.

Time to create page: 0.221 seconds