A place to discuss hardware/software and diagnostic procedures

Verus pro w/19.4 update

More
4 years 4 months ago #35825 by avmm760
I recently purchased a Verus pro w/19.4 updates covering domestic, Asian and European coverage on e-bay. One of the primary reasons for purchasing the Verus was for the troubleshooter like I had on my vantage. Problem is I have only been able to locate it on 1 vehicle, a 1990 civic. Is it still a part of the Verus and listed as troubleshooter or do you have to purchase it as a separate package. If it is available as part of the standard package, could you tell how how to access it as I can’t find it listed anywhere except the one circumstance mentioned. Appreciate any help you can offer.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 4 months ago #35828 by Dtnel
Replied by Dtnel on topic Verus pro w/19.4 update

avmm760 wrote: I recently purchased a Verus pro w/19.4 updates covering domestic, Asian and European coverage on e-bay. One of the primary reasons for purchasing the Verus was for the troubleshooter like I had on my vantage. Problem is I have only been able to locate it on 1 vehicle, a 1990 civic. Is it still a part of the Verus and listed as troubleshooter or do you have to purchase it as a separate package. If it is available as part of the standard package, could you tell how how to access it as I can’t find it listed anywhere except the one circumstance mentioned. Appreciate any help you can offer.

Are you referring to the component tester that the Zeus and I presume the Vantage and Verus Pro have? To me it's the part of the scope or component tester that has the scope built into it and directs you on the test procedure? After buying the Zeus I wish I would've just bought the Snap-On component tester and kept my Solus Edge at the time as I'd upgraded and bought the Modis Edge then hopped into a Zeus awhile later.

I can say luckily I got full price paid back when I traded up both times. Snap-On could offer so much a better hardware for the Zeus had they thought it through. A I-5 or I-7 multi core processor or more could've been added with beefed up memory. I hate the fact that I can't inverse memory for motherboard or I void warranty. Hard drive capacity is fine for now and it's a SSD drive.

When a SSD drive fails it really fails found out on a personal laptop of mine and it was a blank drive after the failure. A really good spec'd drive with great quality and low failure rates when I purchased it along with being a top pick. It is a Samsung high end drive, cost enough as well at the time.

Nothing was recoverable. Had over a year of stuff on it since I'd upgraded it so I have yet to recover it all. Have stuff spread across alot of drives Think next laptop ssd setup will have 2 drives running raid mirror to protect files and also sync to a network attached storage drive when home.

Sorry about the sidetrack as some stuff companies do just hurts more than it helps. Speed would be faster if Snap-On would've thought the board strategy thru with the Zeus as this could've been a long term scan tool buyer and subscription revenue for Snap-On

More
4 years 4 months ago #35856 by Dylan
Replied by Dylan on topic Verus pro w/19.4 update
Moving this to diagnostic tools section ;)

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
4 years 4 months ago #35867 by Noah
Replied by Noah on topic Verus pro w/19.4 update
From the main menu you want guided component tests. Thats where you get pin outs, descriptions and test procedures.

While scanning the vehicle, each module will have it's own menu.
They will include things like code menu, data, generic functions etc.
If there is troubleshooter information available, it will be in the main menu of whichever module you're scanning. It's not always available for every car/module.

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dtnel

Time to create page: 0.196 seconds