A place to discuss hardware/software and diagnostic procedures

FML- I think I bricked my Autel Maxisys MS908 Elite

More
4 years 4 months ago #35746 by THEhomelessONE
Hi everyone, so I've been holding off updating the scanner since it's like $1300 a year and I haven't had a need to until today. Wanted to reset the service light on a 2018 Range Rover Sport TD6. They have a software glitch that won't let you reset the service light even though it says it's been reset.

Anyway, I ordered a new subscription from Autel after confirming they support the latest Land Rovers. During the reboot on the installation process of the firmware to version 3.5 I believe, I saw the little Android icon with a progress bar underneath. Let it do it's thing on the bench charger for an hour, which I thought was really weird. Figured it should only take about 15 mins max but I know you shouldn't mess with these things in the middle of a firmware update. Checked back after another hour and the screen was blank and black. I thought it was off at first, tried turning it on and nothing. Held the power button down for 10 seconds and the Maxisys logo popped up, but instead of the program loading the screen just stays black. That's when I noticed the screen was actually on just blank and black.

Tried to call Autel but they were already closed. Now I'm just freaking out haha. Left it on the charger base with my fingers crossed that it'll magically be fixed tomorrow morning. I haven't found anyone else with this issue just doing some quick browsing. Wondering what kind of advice you guys could offer? The scanner is over a year old and out of warranty, I had purchased it used. I just opened my shop a couple months ago, still getting on my feet, one man operation at the moment etc. so this is a huge hurdle I don't need right now.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 4 months ago #35752 by Tutti57
I'd definitely call them today. I had this happen with my launch tool and sent it out to them and they just said the battery needed to be charged, which it didn't. It happened another time and I found that the screen wouldn't come back on until the battery died, then it would work properly after charging it up. Different tools though, so who knows.

Nissan Technician

More
4 years 4 months ago #35796 by THEhomelessONE
Just an update, because I bought the subscription/update it also includes a year of warranty so they had me ship it to them. Hopefully I get it back next week.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah, Tyler, Andy.MacFadyen

More
4 years 4 months ago #35807 by Tyler
Thanks for the update. Please let us know how it all shakes out when you get the tool back. :cheer:

More
4 years 3 months ago #36138 by THEhomelessONE
So Autel still has no ETA when I'll have my scanner back, took the week off, but I need a scanner Monday :( Bought an Autel DS808K as a backup, will be here Monday. I'm already familiar with the Autel so don't want to go through a new learning process with a different scanner.

Time to create page: 0.208 seconds