A place to discuss hardware/software and diagnostic procedures

Autel AP200

More
4 years 3 months ago - 4 years 3 months ago #35572 by Andy.MacFadyen
Autel AP200 was created by Andy.MacFadyen
I just ordered an Autel AP200 as a gift for my son-in-law, he only has Nissan anf Toyota as hobby cars so it might work well for him. I will report back once I get some feed back

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

Last edit: 4 years 3 months ago by Andy.MacFadyen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #36213 by Andy.MacFadyen
Replied by Andy.MacFadyen on topic Autel AP200
I have now had a loan of this bluetooth dongle tool and using it linked to an Android 9 phone to do a limited evaluation on two vehicles, on live engine data engine it provides almost identical pids to Launch X431 on the Diagun.
It has a good range of special functions EPB, DPF, ABS Bleed, service reset ...... but at least on the vehicles I tried it on lack bi-directional tests I couldn't for example test the cooling fan operation on a Freelander I TD4, this may however be better on more mainstream manufacturers vehicles. I did find it quite slow in in use but that seems to be a general Autel issue

The way the dongle and modular software is sold is the dongle including one manuafacture plus OBD2/EOBD is included in the price arounf £60 in the UK to this can be added additional manufacturers at £15 UK per year. Note only the additional manufacturers need yearly renewal.
If you have a family fleet from only one or two manufacturers to diagnose & maintain this tool could be a very attractive buy.

Last edit: 4 years 2 months ago by Andy.MacFadyen.

More
4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #36223 by Andy.MacFadyen
Replied by Andy.MacFadyen on topic Autel AP200
I treid the BMW module ---- really comprehensive (huge download) very good graphing of wheel speed semsor out put, good coverage of diesel engine and body modules --- but lacks coding or option activations.

Last edit: 4 years 2 months ago by Andy.MacFadyen.

Time to create page: 0.209 seconds