A place to discuss hardware/software and diagnostic procedures

Launch Diagun IV :-)

More
4 years 4 months ago - 4 years 4 months ago #35564 by Andy.MacFadyen
Launch Diagun arrived today, most impressed, arrived fully charged, register and update process was easier and quicker than I have experienced with a previous Launch product. It is running Android 7.1 which is not the latest but it is we'll proven and up to date enough. It arrives with an impressive array of adapters for older vehicles. It connected first time to every vehicle I have tried it on and has a good array of bidirectional controls and special functions.

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

Last edit: 4 years 4 months ago by Andy.MacFadyen.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Deltron

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 4 months ago #35932 by Donut
Replied by Donut on topic Launch Diagun IV :-)
I've had the Pro Mini for a while now and use it about more than my Modis. For less than a grand it's about the best all around capable scanner on the market if you don't mind some UI (and translation) shortcomings. Having to back out and reconnect to the vehicle if a bi-directional control hangs up or something freezes is a bit of a pain.

I've thrown it on ragged out Hondas to a Lamborghini and it's done the job more often than not.

Agonizingly slow for Jeeps though, but a great car to run a health check on in the mornings in the shop if you need a smoke or a coffee!

"Don't ever say 'easy' until the check clears."

More
4 years 4 months ago - 4 years 4 months ago #35933 by John Curtis
Replied by John Curtis on topic Launch Diagun IV :-)
I'm really hoping they come out with an update that makes it easier to deal with secure gateway on Chryslers.
I have the Pros Mini and it's a pretty solid tool. I feel like it's a little slow to initially connect with GM Class 2 vehicles and like previously stated, the UI could be improved upon. I also wish they would make it so that you can choose a unit of measurement for each individual PID.

Making Pressure Differential Sensors (PDA Sensors) for pressure pulse diagnostics.
Currently servicing Central Texas.
Last edit: 4 years 4 months ago by John Curtis.

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
4 years 4 months ago #35953 by Noah
Replied by Noah on topic Launch Diagun IV :-)
Do they all do the same thing?
A guy here has the x431 and it saves my bacon from time to time but I don't want to spend another $1000. Still paying off my Verus

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

More
4 years 4 months ago #35963 by John Curtis
Replied by John Curtis on topic Launch Diagun IV :-)
Their support team told me that they all have the same Full X431 software meaning all the same functions, and that the only difference was screen quality and processors for faster speeds. The one unit that was different was the V+ which could be used on heavy duty vehicles (I think it might need an add-on).

Making Pressure Differential Sensors (PDA Sensors) for pressure pulse diagnostics.
Currently servicing Central Texas.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah

Time to create page: 0.222 seconds