× A place to discuss hardware/software and diagnostic procedures

OCT 3857 Dual Channel PC Scope - Question Setting Up

• Bodageta1995
  • Topic Author
More
23 Nov 2019 08:30 - 23 Nov 2019 08:31 #35230 by Bodageta1995
I have a used OTC 3857 Dual Channel scope and a few questions. I’m trying to get it set up and working but having an issue.

Note: I have sent these same questions to OTC tech support but expect little if any support on this older device so I'm looking for advice on the forum.

My problem is that I am stuck in demo mode and I am unable to see a live real waveform on the scope?

Questions:

1) I do not have any original registration and when I try to register it won’t accept it. Is registration required to get the scope out of demo mode?

2) As I am only in demo mode, should it still be possible to actually take live readings in demo mode for the oscilloscope portion at least (or is demo mode only a demo waveforms shown for demonstration)?

3) I am thinking that maybe my driver for my PC isn’t working or there? When I try to run the driver install executable file on it’s own it says I need a 64gb version and to contact OTC? Is there a place I can download a 64gb driver. I’m trying to run this on a laptop from around 2012 on Windows 8.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Last edit: 23 Nov 2019 08:31 by Bodageta1995. Reason: Spelling

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Bodageta1995
  • Topic Author
More
27 Nov 2019 15:58 #35381 by Bodageta1995
Replied by Bodageta1995 on topic OCT 3857 Dual Channel PC Scope - Question Setting Up
I called OTC tech service today and they say I can't see a live signal if in demo mode and I'll have to register to get it out of demo mode but that I can no longer register because the unit is too old (2012). If anyone had a solution or work around, I would appreciate the info. It's ready for the trash or ebay parts sale otherwise.

• Noah
  • Massachusetts, USA
More
27 Nov 2019 17:16 #35384 by Noah
I'm sorry I don't have any advice for you, but if you do get it working please follow up here to maybe help someone who has the same issue.
Good luck

"Learn, apply, repeat."

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.512 seconds