A place to discuss hardware/software and diagnostic procedures

Launch x431 Pro or V and General Scanner Recommendations

More
4 years 6 months ago #33874 by PhilR
Hello, new guy here and in the market for a scan tool. Part of the need is for a Dodge Cummins diesel with a no start condition that originally led me to this sight. Anyway, I'm seriously considering a Launch x431 and debating between the PRO and the V models. I've done some research and it seems the Pro is supported by Launch USA whereas the V is a Launch product but for markets outside of the US. Can anyone fill me in on other differences? Does one have more features? Will the V have issues working with domestic market vehicles?

I'm also open to other scan tool recommendations for a bi-directional tool. Have considered Auto Ingenuity as well but don't like the idea of buying different packages. I generally work on Dodge and Ford trucks as well as BMW and Toyota.

Thanks!
The following user(s) said Thank You: storminc

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 6 months ago #33900 by ronald316
well to my experience i have a launch x431 on a tablet and its amazing tool. i also have a snap on zeus and i use my launch x431 more i have used it on dodge diesels ford diesels gm also work fine.and works amazing on imports also.just my opinion i also have ford rotunda tech 2 ista-p the x431x is apowerfull tool.hope this helps
Last edit: 4 years 6 months ago by ronald316.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah

More
4 years 5 months ago #33912 by Tyler
I'd also love to hear from members about their experience with Launch tools. I'm considering buying a Diagun IV to fill in the Snap-On gaps.

More
4 years 5 months ago #33982 by storminc
Launch, it is my understanding, is a Non USA company. The USA supported diagnostics come from Launch Tech USA.
Be cautious

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Time to create page: 0.211 seconds