A place to discuss hardware/software and diagnostic procedures

Training

More
4 years 6 months ago #33801 by Shrive36
Training was created by Shrive36
Just curious to how much time you spend on training a week.

Personally I try to take an hour every day to watch a lecture on this site. I also spend about 4 hours a week training one of our techs at work about basic automotive electrical.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 6 months ago #33802 by Donut
Replied by Donut on topic Training
I try to get a good hour or so in every day, sometimes between 2-4 hours and listening to lectures while at work. No such thing as too much information. Trying to retain all that information before I get to actually use it in the field and benefit from it, well that's another story.

"Don't ever say 'easy' until the check clears."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shrive36

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
4 years 6 months ago #33829 by Noah
Replied by Noah on topic Training
Depends on how many videos ScannerDanner puts out!
Plus I haunt around the diag.net and iATN forums looking for tidbits to read. My YouTube subscriptions are all automotive and I spend some time watching those.. . Guess it's a couple hours a day any way.

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

More
4 years 6 months ago #34261 by Tutti57
Replied by Tutti57 on topic Training
I'd say it's probably an hour average for me too. I'm sitting in a hotel right now waiting to go to the Nissan training center in the morning (until Friday) for the Advanced Electrical class. the basic electrical class I went to before was awesome. I got a lot of out. Especially strategic approach, which I was definitely lacking.

I don't really work with anyone who is really into it like we are on this site. It's too bad.

I'm also working with a coupe of the guys at work on their basic electrical training. I wrote up a few page document and did sort of a lunch and learn a couple of weeks ago.

Time to create page: 0.210 seconds