A place to discuss hardware/software and diagnostic procedures

Verus Edge

More
4 years 7 months ago #33477 by Cadman
Verus Edge was created by Cadman
Hi,

Can anyone shed some light on a question I have please.

I'm looking at purchasing a Verus Edge. Do they all use the green keys, do they all come with the additional red connectors and which model is the better as I've read some have different hard drives.

Thanks

Paul

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 7 months ago #33479 by Tyler
Replied by Tyler on topic Verus Edge
Hey Cadman! When you say green keys, you're talking about personality keys, right? Like with the older Solus and MODIS?

No personality keys are used on the Verus Edge. All communication goes through the wireless Scan Module to the DLC. Depending on where you buy from, you may also get additional OBDI and Euro adapters that'll connect to the Scan Module.

More
4 years 7 months ago #33498 by Cadman
Replied by Cadman on topic Verus Edge
That's great. Thanks for the reply, much appreciated

More
4 years 7 months ago #33522 by GypsyR
Replied by GypsyR on topic Verus Edge
Pretty sure the Verus Edge models are all the same. Though some of us have upgraded the hard drives in ours.
You still need keys/adapters for pre-1996 OBDI stuff. Nothing but the ODBII adapter and the Verus for 1996 and later stuff. If you really want ODBI capability there is a smallish adapter (called DA-5, I think) that plugs into the Verus ODBII adpater and then you can stick the key adapter you want on the end of that. That way you are still using Bluetooth and no card to the scanner itself. Many ODBI's require an extra power plug to provide power to the OBDI adapter form the cattery or cigarette lighter. So doing OBDI vehicles is kind of clanky, but doable. OBDII vehicles are a breeze to connect to though.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah

Time to create page: 0.193 seconds