A place to discuss hardware/software and diagnostic procedures

Shop Key on Snap on tools

More
4 years 7 months ago #32880 by rrtravis
I recently got a great deal on a used Verdict that needed repairs. I'm still waiting on the touch screen I ordered and need to get wireless scan and a scope module, but as I was testing the system I noticed the Repair information in the tool is just a link to shopkey/pro demand. I remember watching Paul's Verus videos and maybe I misunderstood but I thought the snap on scan tools had that information on the tool? Does the Verus actually have the repair info on the tool or is it also a link?

One of the biggest reasons I decided on switching to a snap on tool over launch is that I thought I wouldn't need a mitchell/alldata/shop key subscription but would have some access to basic information on the tool.

I'm a weekend warrior and have the factory service manuals to do everything I'd normally need but I find they tend to use diagnostic procedures using OEM specific tools which are out of reach for most DIY and I was hoping a good scope/scanner combo from Snap On would save the day.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 7 months ago #32882 by Tyler
Replied by Tyler on topic Shop Key on Snap on tools
Congrats on the Verdict! Unfortunately, no, the service information is not contained within the tool itself. Some kind of subscription and internet connection are required.

The Troubleshooter and Guided Component Test ARE built into the tool, and might be closer to what you're looking for. It won't add up to the depth of information you'd get from a genuine SI source, but it's pretty darn good. :cheer: I often use both to quickly familiarize myself with a system or component before going to pinpoint tests.

There's plenty of other good info to be found if you dig enough. Transmission application charts, fluid fill specifications, brake bleeding procedures, ECM pinouts, like that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rrtravis

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.199 seconds