A place to discuss hardware/software and diagnostic procedures

Picoscope or OTC Breakout Box

More
4 years 7 months ago #32865 by Dtnel
Looking at the different types of breakout boxes I've looked at quite a few. I seem to come crawling back to looking at the Picoscope and the OTC 3415.

So the question is which one of these 2 has the better features based on your experience?

I notice the Picoscope appears to not have as many lights for showing activity but the OTC-3415 seems as if it has a light for each port and shows the voltage.

What's your preferences and what's good and what's not? Also is there a better one I'm missing?

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 7 months ago - 4 years 7 months ago #32869 by Andy.MacFadyen
This chinese generic one works fine for me. It has light for each pin and voltmeter .
I mainly use it for bridging pins when using it on Fiats to use MultiECUScan. The quality is fine and the plug and socket make good reliable contact.
I noticed a couple of YouTubers with the same box.
I previously had an even cheaper one with no voltmeter but the soldering inside it was c**p.
You should be able to find it with a search for " OBD2 Breakout " on eBay or Amazon for under 50$/£40/40Euro

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

Attachments:
Last edit: 4 years 7 months ago by Andy.MacFadyen.

More
4 years 7 months ago #32901 by Dtnel
Replied by Dtnel on topic Picoscope or OTC Breakout Box
So all lights work on yours with the appropriate channel activity for say when a certain channel or channels have activity each one of those light up and there’s also voltage showing?

Time to create page: 0.204 seconds